Friday, February 5, 2010

Connection


It is snowing outside. I am a little depressed because of the chilly winter. Looking through the window I can see a mother and her daughter making a snowman. I am deeply moved by their laugh and happiness. It reminds me of my mother. What is my mother doing now? Is she missing her youngest daughter who lives far away from her? At this moment I miss my mum so much that I remember an unforgettable experience happened years ago. Does she still remember it?
When I was ten, there was not VCD or DVD in my village, so we kids were overjoyed when there would be a movie showed for the whole village. A movie was more attractive than candies and new clothes. Whenever and wherever it showed, I always made every effort to persuade my mum to let me go with my fellows. So when I knew there would be a wonderful movie at that snowing night, actively but unusually, I cleaned the dinning table. Then I begged my mum to let me go. She could not stop me. I can not remember what that movie was about but I exactly remember my strong will to watch it. She asked me to put on her woolen scarf and gloves. Wearing like a penguin, I went to watch the movie. After the movie, my neighbor’s girl suggested that we continue to watch TV in her house. As kids, we always loved doing things together, even having meals. So I agreed without hesitate. I took it for granted that my mum knew where l went and I thought she would not worry about me, therefore I didn’t tell her. I will never forget the moment when I saw my mum in our yard calling my name, with tears on her face. She has looked for me from door to door of every friend of mine. She has run in the snow for nearly two hours, looking for her selfish daughter. Smiling, with tears she looked like a kid when she saw me. She hugged me tightly without blame. From then on, I believe there is a connection between mother and her kids. For that snowing night I felt I really heard my mother’s call.
It is still snowing. The mother and her daughter have finished their snowman. They have left, leaving a beautiful snowman with black eyes and red nose. I determine to make a snowman just like this with my mum this winter vacation. Suddenly I am sure my mum is missing me now, for the mysterious connection. I am so eager to phone my mum that I quicken my pace…